Category: Community

New Roots at Dutch Valley View

Right before the holidays, the group here at Elizabeth Eason Architecture made a trip out to our project out at Dutch Valley View. We were able to plant a white dogwood tree in the shared courtyard space giving Knox Housing Partnership a jump on their landscaping plans. We purchased the dogwood from Stanley’s Greenhouse… Read more »

A Greener New Year

The age old question always comes around at the beginning of every New Year and it comes in many different forms. What will I do this year to make it better than the last? What do I want to do to make my life better? What will I do to change my look, lifestyle, attitude,… Read more »

Larry Cox Senior Center Ribbon Cutting

Elizabeth Eason Architecture celebrated the ribbon cutting on the newly renovated Larry Cox Senior Center with the City of Knoxville on August 22, 2012. Built originally to house a community gym, in recent years the building has been used as a senior center as shifting neighborhood demographics created a need for such a space. The… Read more »

Gay Street named a Great Street

Some attention has recently been called to the great street we call home. Gay Street gained national attention as it made the 2012 American Planning Association’s Great Streets list, as part of their Great Places initiative. This month marks our third year on Gay Street and we’re glad to call it home! Gay Street was… Read more »

Dutch Valley View LEED Gold

Our latest affordable housing project for Knox Housing Partnership has achieved LEED Gold certification. Dutch Valley View provides six, three bedroom units and includes a protected play area with views shared by all units. The buildings are energy efficient, water efficient and provide all regularly occupied spaces with operable windows and daylight. Energy, lighting, water… Read more »

Beardsley Farm Community Shelter

We are currently developing an affordable, sustainable,  multipurpose shelter to serve CAC Beardsley Community Farm. The new shelter will serve as a threshold between the  public entry and the existing farm grounds.  It will provide a daily refuge for the workers and volunteers who tend the farm and facilitate their mission as an urban demonstration… Read more »

Meadow Lark Music Festival

Meadow Lark Music Festival 06/18/2011 Ijams Plaza Pavilion and Meadow Ijams provides the meadow, WDVX the music. Need we say more! Sat., June 18 1to 10 p.m. Ijams’ upcoming music fest Meadow Lark: In Tune with Nature is scheduled for Saturday, June 18, 1 to 10 PM at the Plaza Pavilion and Meadow. Ijams provides… Read more »

Advocacy in Washington, DC

Green, energy efficient, and water efficient buildings represent a large economic and environmental opportunity for Tennessee and our nation. This fall, as a member of US Green Building Council’s East TN Chapter Advocacy Committee, Beth took that message directly to our representatives. In September, she joined other members of Tennessee USGBC and USGBC Chapters from… Read more »

“Re-greening” topic of Preservation Network meeting

Elizabeth Eason will be discussing “Re-greening Your Home” at the monthly Preservation Network meeting. The focus will be on sustainable renovations for historic homes, including appliances, building materials and more. The workshop takes place at 10 am Saturday, March 14 at Time Warp Tea Room, 1209 N. Central St. in Knoxville. Preservation Network is a… Read more »